6/8/20

One Week-end of Movies and Friends and Oddities

A whole week-end spent cooking and watching movies of radical genres with radical people.

Thanks to M., I dipped my toes into eras I would have probably never watched on my own.

I've never watched a young Barbra Streisand, this has been rectified with a delightful comedy.
Such a good dialogue and great pacing. Also pretty funny what the hell!

I've never watched a Marylin Monroe movie, this has been corrected with a comedy taking place in the background of the alcohol prohibition period and the bootleggers time in the U.S. (both of which I am ignorant).
So American cinema used to know how to write great dialogues? Or is it because it was so selective that only decent stuff came through?

Then, because it is that time of the year again, I watched the latest Murakami at hand and it didn't disappoint.


Even more so since it's a Lee Chang Dong creation, which brought me to more more more rewatching of the man.




Finally, let's not forget the reality of things even though to be honest, this whole week-end of dopamine and hanging out was meant to alleviate the burden of human existence and current events right now.





It's getting harder and harder to be a human being, becoming more of an exclusivity and a luxury really.

I'm starting to worry my jokes over the human condition and capitlizing this concept eventually are starting to become an actual reality.

These are weird times folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment