6/23/20

FF VIIR - V - Drag Time with the Honeybee Queen

It is still a roller coaster. I am playing along with homies and one managed to land the pretty blue dress of Cloud and the kimono of Tifa. I got the tacky one because of few lines of dialogues. Needless to say, the fact that my friends are so hooked in the game that they go to sleep at 6h00am is a major great indicator. I feel more confident about our chances of going through the original together.











I look back at the original and often reminisce with friends over the times where I was playing FF VII as a kid and the era the game came to it, and the representation and the gender identity brought up were executed in care and away from cliches. The first time I knew about a drag was through FF VII, when the gym owner, the strongest and man in charge of the boys training, had to be battled for the best wig for Cloud. When his student lost and was crying over the wig, he just gave him a knock, told him to shape up and gave us the damn wig. Then, the old man making us the dress was more curious than outraged. He then proceeded to making us the dress as a creative challenge.

This game was and is still so wholesome, and as the world changes around me, as I progress through the game, I get to experience this purity all over again and it's making me tearful enough that my living room is filled with crumbled paper towels everywhere. You can easily get the wrong idea just looking at the weird litter around my Joe poof

0 comments:

Post a Comment