2/12/21

Big Mouth Season 4

I was delaying that season for sometime now. I started it yesterday and pushed way past midnight trying to finish it. That's how hooked I was.

It was by far the grossest season of them all. I'm not a squeamish person but god damn, I had to advert my gaze or stop eating at some parts. Why so many poop jokes? Don't get me wrong, I love me some poop science, poop and bowels are my thing, MY THING, MINE!

But the two poop twins, the shit overdose and hallucination arcs were too much for me. That and Lola and Jay's shitpool. Was never a fan of swimming pools to start with and this took the cake!

That being said, it's also the season where it gets the heaviest and where some side characters get better treatment introspection and fleshing out wise, and god damn I was feeling emotional and heavy at many places. 

The story plot of Matthew was amazing and ignited a debate with a friend of mine; why would you be having children if you are not ready to accept them gender, sexuality, mental health, disability wise? It's a complex conversation to say the least though; having children is unfortunately something many who do are neither equipped for nor humble enough to train for and I won't even bother getting too much into it. It's a shitshow, even more than Andrew's shitty arc.

Jay got the best treatment in writing wise this season and I LOVE it. Lola for once got to be more fleshed out and I'm here for it. Then their dynamic was the cherry on top!

The season finale got me pretty bad, but I'm so grateful they provided closure on the main issues.

It would have been absolute hell to leave the characters and us in such a mind state.

On one of my zoom language instruction classes, I saw one of my pupil watching Big Mouth on her screen, and I hope to God she will continue watching it. I know I would have been grateful for something like that show in my first age.



0 comments:

Post a Comment