3/12/22

Happy Birthday Matej

 Shitty Wichita became less shitty thanks to this couple's unfortunate (fortunate) arrival in September. It's hard enough to find connections, let alone people working on them and genuinely and generously giving and receiving. I miss them like crazy everytime the Americans remind me of just how unkind and shallow they seem to always always be.

I miss you guys so much, yet another part of my heart stranded in other parts of the world. And me a vessel of those memories at times, only sustained by them and the proof there is some hope and there is connection to be found and people deeply and genuinely and unabashadely engaged in it.

I've always being the solitary sort of person, nested in my own heart, insignificant and holy, content and curious. The one place where I was made to feel lonely and alienated has been the U.S. and only when I meet kind souls like Eva and Matej do I feel like someone took my head out of a bucket of water to remind me of air in other places.





0 comments:

Post a Comment