8/1/18

Mundus ipse est ingens deorum omnium templum
The world itself is a huge temple of all the gods

-Seneca

When I am called to pay taxes on life, I find some relief in the stoic meditations of yore.

I hope I always remember that Seneca, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius and so on are a page away, a thought away.

But most importantly, I hope I can always meditate enough their teachings that it would stick once and for all and be part of my psyche.

I sometimes worry that I don't assimilate well enoug ideas that I find worth keeping and applying. 

But in the deafening silence of administrative procedures and the instabilities over my future, I realize that many things that used to get to me no longer get to me, and things I never faced before are easier to confront, perhaps not so much to deal with, but at least to confront in the first meeting.

So I am enclined to think that I understand how to deal with a range of life taxes, and that with more life, more diverse forms of life taxes come. And it may be that I need some first digestion and loss to adapt, assimilate and think them through first.

But in the end...

Oh fuck me, it just keeps getting hardcore and I hope I can keep getting hardcore with it as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment