7/12/17

A whif from the past

This was the first foreign song I'ever seen that humanized the West for me. They were no longer a breed of comfortable and privileged humans who had the minimum and more, and toyed with the lives of others according to their own precepts and whims.

Suddenly, they had faces of children playing in the streets, working neighborhoods, little pubs with old people and a quiet atmosphere, folks sitting around thinking nothing or talking about the hardships of life.

The verses were also poignant now that I think about it. I realized how opposite to my feelings they were in many aspects and that just brings in another layer of sadness.

Well, if you are going down this road, while I'm at it..






"The passing of a flower in the spring is the feeling of a snowfall in the winter"

0 comments:

Post a Comment