11/13/12

The Catterbird



The catterbird sleeps in cocoons where it shares the dreams of its species and other beings who sleep in the cocoons as well. Gentle and wise, it speaks the tongues of conscious creatures and gives counsel and help. If you attend its hatching, it’ll always look after you. When you truly need it, it’ll be there for you.

In all the fuss over my beloved series and books, I forget to speak about The Edge Chronicles. I believe it’s because most people don’t know about them and these books aren’t easy to relate to. Yet, Twig, his son and his father hold a fuzzy spot in my shelves. Everytime I think about the series, I feel my heart gently brushed the right way. And whenever I need to clean myself, I think of reading them again and I do read them again.

Then it’s like when darkness turns to light : you don’t feel stripped or washed. The whole burden is converted into something else that makes you…better ?

And you find beauty in negative spaces. The Edge Chronicles definitely makes me lose myself in the appreciation and adoration of the bewitching sight of negative spaces. It’s my own catterbird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment