9/1/12

The perk of Being a Wallflower

Two years ago, I was going through the Salinger reading phase: it's a state of processing The Catcher in The Rye's similar material. In my case, it was Go Ask Alice, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Now The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a movie I was highly expecting because:

-The writer of the novel is actually the one directing and writing the scenario!
-Emma Watson is in it!
-EZRA MILLER is in it!
-The trailer is looking good.

But not because I liked the book that much. On a scale from Never-read-it-again to obsess-over-it-forever, I'd give it good-to-read-again-whenever-a-sudden-drive-urges-you-to. I'm sorry I'm just not into teenage phase and teenagie stuff. Still, I think the book -and therefore the movie- made some valid points





I watched it today and it was as I was expecting: amazing. The whole cast was kicking, and here I was intending to only cheer Ezra and Emma.


No 3D on that one but a movie theater full of couples that cry and shout and scream at every exciting scene!

After such good movie within such peculiar atmosphere, I'm just thinking about watching We need to Talk about Kevin or Gozu or Gummo over again, to wash away a little bit.

Just a little bit.

And this movie is not going on my rewatch file. But it was awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment