8/14/12

What About Starks?

-"What about them?"

My Spanish roomate doesn't get it that I despise Game of Thrones series.

-"Starks are noble and you like noble characters. And Lannisters are very fucked up and you like fucked up things, and they have dragons and a powerful female characters..."

That's a minimalistic way to put things, dude.

-"Miguel, you didn't grow up having Atreides in your life obviously. And Lannisters, except Tyrion, lack the whole grace of Harkonnens."

I've read that series' first two books and tried to go through the third one valiantly: I just can't but I did anyway and read the whole published bunch but I'm too ashamed of that so please don't mention it and besides it was the case for a shitload of books as well*. It seems as if someone tried to digest LoTR but couldn't, puked the whole thing in a raw fashion and decided to add some boobs, sex and random kills here and there to make it edible. Dude....



I'm an Atreides!

*FYI: If I despise something AND don't read it over, I don't consider myself having read it and I don't talk about it. I don't like spreading ideas I don't support through positive or negative discussion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment