6/15/12

The Chant of a Cyborg Making

When I’m a bit down with the overwhelming work I have to perform before handing over my report, I launch the opening sequence of one of my favorite Japanese animations, Ghost In The Shell, and suck the music with all my mind while catching every step of the mechanical process.



I think I find it genuinely capturing a vision of technology that I cherish: the traditional chant of life given to the making of a cyborg, the mechanical sounds finding their way through the high-pitched voices of the music, the wires marrying the tradition, robots waltzing with trees.

In general, it inspires me enough to actually go back to work and be more accurate and consistent with my theoretical calculations of bolts endurance, welding efficiency and FEM data.

0 comments:

Post a Comment